Vacant Property & Renovation Insurance

Do I Need a Separate Policy for my Vacant Property?

Many people don't realize that there is a difference between insuring occupied property and a vacant dwelling. Even if you have insurance on a property, vacant properties run a higher risk of damages such as break-ins, water damage, and vandalism. Therefore, many standard property policies allow carriers to drastically alter or even terminate policies in the event that a property becomes vacant.


At Bluebonnet Insurance, we understand the intricacies of insuring vacant properties from homes to rental properties to commercial buildings, as well as properties undergoing construction or renovation.


We create our policies through the Vacant Express program underwritten by J.H. Ferguson & Associates. By utilizing a program set up specifically for insuring these types of properties we are able to find you the right coverage much faster and at a much lower cost.


Our policies cover:

  • Vacant Dwellings
  • Vacant Dwellings with Renovations
  • Vacant Commercial Buildings
  • Vacant Commercial Buildings with Renovations
  • Builders Risk - Both Dwellings and Commercial
  • Rental Dwelling - Tenant Occupied

Contact us at Bluebonnet Insurance today and let us build a policy that protects your property whether it is occupied or not.


Covering San Antonio, Universal City, Selma, Schertz City, Floresville, Boerne, and beyond.

Main Office

113 Castano Ave #1
San Antonio, TX 78209
Main office: 210-822-3033
Fax: 866-229-2487

Office Hours:

Mon: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thurs: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sat: By Appointment
Sun: By Appointment

Our Providers


Thanks for all the effort you have put in to getting our claim answered in a timely manner. It sure is appreciated! It is a little easier to be positive about things when you have someone in your corner!
Megan Coley